This massive FMCG needed experts in business change within the business intelligence space.
Our brief was to facilitate and enable the successful adoption of BI capabilities and dash boards from multiple data sources. To project manage, organise and implement the business change element of the holistic review of the reporting function for the supply chain businesses. This amounted to significant automation of the consolidation of information processes culminating in Excel based easy to understand pivoted reports including static and dynamic reporting, dash boarding, visualizations and data diagnostics.
The project was a multi-platform solution (SAP, Teradata, SSRS) with a focus on the business readiness over multiple operational and reporting functions and multiple businesses (14) and countries (10).
Functions: Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Manufacturing, Materials Management. Cost control. CAPEX, fixed assets, working capital, sales and distribution, materials ledger and product cost control, and security
Business Readiness work packages:
• Month end close reduction – automation, pre-cut, workflow,
• Unidirectional master data (MDM) – consistency, mappings (historics), timeliness, definitions and maintenance.
• Gap analysis – appraise, facilitate, educate and understand the business functional processes and map these to the solution, identify and progress shortfalls, keep stakeholders engaged.
• Data migration – scope, infrastructure, technical aspects, 3rd party delivery, review and agreement, ensure timely and coordinated delivery
• UAT – UAT user provisioning and education, management of process, infrastructure,
• HPQC, governance, integration and progression of UAT activity, write sophisticated SQL
• HPQC extractors enabling better monitoring and automated statistical analysis of UAT
• Training – material generation, environment preparation, co-ordination, delivery and performing
• Stakeholder management – Communications strategy and tactical application of the strategy, negotiation and engagement, training and education, driving cultural shift, acceptance and embedment, user support network.