This govenment body focussed on promotion of british trade and education in the english language, needed our help with making itself a commercial entity and ensuring it would be future proof.
• A global finance service culture
• Transformed SAP and business processes
• Revised accounting, planning and reporting processes and structures
• Building business capability for financial and business reporting
• Enhancing business and financial planning process
Leading a team of business analysts and consultants
• Identifying detailed business requirements through information gathering, critical review and analysis
• Creating a sustainable data model which accurately represents the business segmentation of the entity as the basis for reporting
• Designing the business solutions to these requirements
Project deliverables – work streams
• Data Flexibility – data architecture overhaul enabling the reporting and data model flexibility to rapidly reflect the strategic business design and transformation: greater flexibility and integrity FICO data model revisions and custom data tagging (UDC) processes during the ETL process.
• Global Reporting Suite – aligning reporting to instil comparison and synergistic benefits via adoption of a hierarchical and subscribed to British Council GAAP web enabled reporting suite using Business Objects supported by BW
• KPI and dashboards – hierarchical in nature (strategic ,managerial, operational) self supporting suite of dashboards supported by expert systems facilitating rapid communication of decision relevant information – using mainly Xcelsius
• Time recording – providing a robust basis for cost allocations and more accurate profitability reporting across the globe using SAP Project Systems and IP functions
• Planning process enhancements – introducing SAP BPC and increasing usability and workflow
Reporting to the Global Finance Change Programme Manager, and working closely with the Programme Team and key stakeholders and business staff we drove forward the Financial Change agenda.